loveitorfrogit: (Default)
[personal profile] loveitorfrogit
It is about time I set some (more) goals for myself, craft wise. First to tackle is posting here regularly. After all, that's what I started this for. Now that two of my cousins - my fellow 1981 babies - are having children of their own this year, what better time to start?

I love making lists. I'm a list maker. I write them for just about everything. Partially because I have an obsessive need to be organized in at least one aspect of my life, and partially because I have a short-term memory like a sieve. If it doesn't get written down, it does not get remembered. This means I have already started making a list of all the baby things I want to knit and crochet for my cousins and their soon-to-be little ones. I have to admit, this list is already pretty impressive compared to my usual scrap paper scribblings. I'm surprised I haven't turned it into an Excel spreadsheet yet. (Please don't let me turn it into a spreadsheet.) What started out as a Word document to keep track of which items my growing wish list of things to make came from what book, site, or leaflet, has now turned into a full page table complete with shopping list and list of items on hand.

I strongly suspect that as soon as I start knitting and crocheting, I will lose all sense of my beloved organization. But... life is messy, so I suppose that is all right by me.

For now, here is what I have on my wishlist of things to make for baby-1 (a girl) and baby-2 (unknown for another couple weeks):
  • Tic Tac Baby Hat and Blanket from the Spring 2011 issue of Knit Circus (crochet) (baby-2)
  • Best Bunny from Lion Brand (crochet) (for baby-1 and baby-2)
  • Fly Away Home Baby Hat by Michelle Hall (available on KnitPicks.com) (knit) (for baby-1)
  • Saffron Baby Hat from the Summer 2011 issue of Knit Circus (knit) (for baby-1)
  • Umbilical Cord Hat by Jennifer L. Jones from Stitch n' Bitch The Knitter's Handbook (knit) (baby-1 and baby-2)
  • Bunny Hat from Stitch n' bitch Nation (knit) (for baby-1)
  • Li'l Monkey Baby Hat and Matching Afghan from Stitch n' Bitch The Happy Hooker (crochet) (for baby-1)
  • Poppy by Justine Turner (available on Ravelry) (for baby-1)
  • Trendy Baby Hat by Bethany Patchin (available on Ravelry) (for baby-1 and baby-2)
  • Baby Pullover from Bernat's free patterns (for baby-2)
  • Stripe Collage Cardi from Lion Brand (for baby-1)

I know this list will grow once I find out if L&C will be having a boy or a girl because the patterns I am looking at are generally for one sex or the other rather then either. For now my wish list is filled with a lot of hats because the first baby is due August 28, and I only found out last night (!!). They announced it a while ago on facebook - which is largely how that side of my family stays in touch because we are so scattered location wise - but I managed to miss it along the way.

Wish me luck!

Profile

loveitorfrogit: (Default)
loveitorfrogit

July 2011

S M T W T F S
      1 2
3 456789
10111213141516
17181920212223
24252627282930
31      

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 6th, 2026 12:01 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios